Council has commissioned the following two volumes:
- The Letters of Benjamin Furzer, 1692-1697 by Brian Lavery, the correspondence of the naval overseer at Shoreham responsible for checking the construction of ships built for King William’s navy in the port.
- The Letters of Robert Tredcroft of Tangmere to the 5th Duke of Richmond, 1830-1846 by Graham Claydon, a vivid picture of life in Goodwood and the village of Tangmere in the 19th century.
Other volumes that are under way include:
- The Brighton Mendicity Society 1872-1873 (Andrew Bennett)
- The Surveys of the Honour of Arundel 1566-1570 (Dr Caroline Adams)
- The Sussex Church Notes of Sir Stephen Glynne (Dr David Parsons)
- Clergy Wills 1635-1725 (Helen Whittle).
Progress on these and other volumes will be updated regularly.