(295) WHATLINGTON, St. Mary Magdalene
Nave and chancel Early English; restored by Tracey in 1862 (Nairn & Pevsner 628-9); view of 1779, see Farrant (336); state of repairs reported to be fine in 1686 (Ford 50). Steeple and roof covering bad in 1724 (Ford 119); the parish had c.23 families in 1724 and a population of 211 in 1801.
- South aisle, East wall, facing West, at head height.
- 39(W) x 18.5(H)~Very good; polished.
- M.I. (8 lines, engraved) on a rectangular brass panel, set landscape-wise.
- Alice Dunck, d. 22 Apr 1627, aet 63; daughter of John Michelbourne of Chichester; and wife of Richard Dunck, of Vine Hall.