(241) SOUTHEASE, St. Peter
Norman, some Jacobean box pews - Nairn & Pevsner (608); the paving was defective in 1686 (Ford 38); the parish had 14 families in 1724, in which year the church was reportedly in decent order (Ford 152); the population was 108 in 1801; Horsfield (Sussex I 196-7) notes unspecified M.I.s to incumbents.
- Sanctuary floor, North side.
- 87(W) x 192(L)~Very worn.
- M.I. (9 or 10? lines, engraved) in upper 30% of a sandy freestone slab; head to West.
- Sanctuary floor, South side.
- 53(W) x 29(L)~Very worn.
- M.I. (engraved) on a small freestone slab; head to East.
- Sanctuary floor, South side, West of 242B.
- 81(W) x 162(L)~Very worn.
- M.I. (6 lines, scratched) at upper end of a freestone slab; head to West.
- Edward Boughen, D.D., clergyman (Woodchurch), d. 9 Nov 1653.