(22) BEDDINGHAM, St. Andrews
The church arcades are c.1200 - Nairn & Pevsner (413); for plan see SNQ (II 141); for external views by Lambert, 1780 from North-East and South-East see BL Add. MS 5676 ff.79-80; reports of 1686 and 1724 suggest that the state of repair was fine (Ford).
- North aisle, against South wall, at East end.
- c.155(W) x c.213(H)~Good; some repairs; colour.
- M.I. (17 lines [10 + 7], engraved and black) on white marble panel; simple, black marble frame of pilasters with decorative plaster roses as capitals and plinth moulding; above, a broken, pointed pediment in grey-veined marble; in centre, achievement in Baroque frame on a foot.
- Alexander Carr, d. 9 Jun 1790, aet 33; his father, also Alexander Carr, d. 3 Jan 1797, aet 72; his mother, Rebecca Carr, d. 27 Jul 1792, aet 72; his sister, Charlotte, d. 26 Sep 1790, aet 28; his brother and the eldest son, Sir Thomas Carr, Knt., d. 9 Jun 1814, aet 65.
- Sanctuary floor, before and in part obscured by altar.
- c.80(W) x c.118(L)~Fair; missing letters; edges worn.
- M.I. (12 lines engraved) on freestone slab; head to the East.