(2) ALCISTON Parish Church
Architectural history uncertain; chancel originally longer - Nairn & Pevsner (394-5); for a view by Lambert see BL Add. MS 5676 f.73; chancel pavement reported missing in 1686 and in 1724 it was generally in a poor state, especially the South side (Ford 53, 162).
- Chancel floor, near North wall.
- 57(W) x 95(L)~Worn.
- M.I. in Roman capitals (engraved) in East end of a freestone slab; head to East.
- Chancel floor, near South wall.
- 57(W) x 95(L)~Fine.
- M.I. in Roman capitals (engraved) in upper 30% of freestone slab; head to East.
- John Meres, d. 12 Jul 1641; his father, Thomas Meres.