(199) PETT, St. Mary and St. Peter
Built in 1864 by B Ferrey, replacing a mediaeval building - Nairn & Pevsner (579-80); the parish population in 1801 was 185.
- Chancel, South wall, high over vestry door.
- 62(W) x 120(H)~Good; faded; rust stains.
- M.I. (16 lines, engraved, black) fills white marble tablet; unframed; set portrait-wise; moulded and scrolled corbels; above, decorated motif of wheat sheaves and a sickle in relief; unsigned.
- Cordelia Sayer, 18 Apr 1766 - 31 Jan 1820, died Hastings and buried Pett; daughter of Henry and Sarah Sayer, of London; granddaughter of John and Mary Collier, of Hastings.