(143) IFORD, St. Nicholas
Mostly Norman, relatively unchanged - Nairn & Pevsner (544); plan SNQ (V 25); 1686 report of decayed paving and poor state of chancel floor (Ford 39); repaired by 1724 (Ford 135).
- North chapel (or vestry) floor, obscured by furnishings.
- 89(W) x 181(L)~Pitted; worn; damaged edge (right).
- M.I. (engraved) in upper 50% of a freestone slab; set East-West.
- Chancel, South wall, at head height.
- 142(W) x 108(H)~Excellent.
- M.I. (engraved) on white marble panel, set landscape-wise; flanked by fluted Doric pilasters; below, a deep-moulded, pointed pediment containing a floral wreath; at foot, base mouldings and 2 squared corbels; thin black baseplate; signed (lower centre): 'PARSONS.LEWES'.
- Richard Hurly d. 26 Sep 1818, aet 62; his wife, Mary, d. 23 Mar 1828, aet 68; issue - unnamed.