(135) HOOE, St. Oswald
Mostly Perpendicular, with Early English North chapel - Nairn & Pevsner (539); chancel (belonging to Mr Thomas Pelham) reported as bad in 1686, by which date, one Mr Elverey has laid in the chancel, lime and bricks for a communion table; in 1724 it was reported that the chancel has been repaired (Ford 47; 109).
- Chancel, North wall, at head height.
- 38(W) x 68(H)~Excellent; fading.
- M.I. (4 lines + 3 + 5 + 3 (added) engraved, black) on unframed white marble panel; pointed pediment over a cornice; base moulding on 2 corbels.
- Rev. Thomas Fuller, M.A., of Heathfield, vicar of Hooe, d. 10 Dec 1832, aet 77; his wife Mary, d. 28 Mar 1822, aet 64; issue - Mary Ann, d. 2 Jun 1817, aet 32; and Frances, d. 23 Jul 1872, aet 89.
- Sanctuary North wall, East of 135A, at head height.
- 72(W) x 96.5(H)~Excellent; fading.
- M.I. (3+2+2+2+2+3 lines, engraved, black) on white marble oval panel; border of pink inlay; above, painted arms on a small base; below, a corbel painted black.
- John Fuller, Esq., of Heathfield, d. 13 Feb 1777, aet 63; his wife, Mary, d. 24 Jan 1780, aet 53; issue - eldest son, Thomas, died in infancy; second son, John, d. 13 Feb 1784 aet 32; fifth son, Edward, died in infancy; youngest son, also Edward, d. 12 Jul 1787, aet 29.